Friday, January 30, 2009

Final Preparations and Sleep Deprivation!

It has been a busy past few weeks. We have purchased gifts for Chinese officials we will interact with and orphanage workers. We visited a multi-lingual pre-school for an open house and while we won't be sending Bo there we did meet their Chinese teacher and got some good tips on educational materials. I am in the process of wrapping up work assignments and making sure all of my day to day functions will be filled while I am in China. This week I opened a local checking account so we can start collecting cash for our trip, nice clean $100s for the donation and various legal fees. I also visited our family doctor and got some prescriptions for our travel, an antibiotic and some back-up insulin in case something happens to my pump, etc.

I think Tuesday night was the first time this happened but it has happened now 3 nights in a row! I keep waking up around 4 AM and I just lie there thinking about what I need to pack or what I still need to do before we leave. I do eventually fall back to sleep but then I spend the whole day in a fog because I am so exhausted. I've been going for regular runs with the dogs, even running on the treadmill in the evening if my schedule doesn't allow outside activity in the daylight hours. I am doing everything possible to make myself tired enough that I sleep but I think there is just too much going on and until I get more organized this will continue. So, this weekend I will start my packing list and get all of Bo's things packed so all we have to do is our clothes right before we leave. We leave in 13 days so it's not too early. I'm just hoping a little more organization will make it so i don't create packing lists in my head at 4 AM.

One happy note: my uncle told me he is going to meet Bo and I at customs in Newark on our return trip 3/4! So that will be a nice welcome to the US for us after an incredibly long flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment