Thursday, January 8, 2009

Travel Approval!!!!

We got a call today from our travel advisor at Great Wall and our Travel Approval came in. The catch is that our child's province is taking a long time to complete the in-province part of the adoption process so our trip is going to be 20 days! This means Ryan will not be able to stay the whole time. So we will probably leave the US on Feb. 12th and travel to Beijing. We'll spend a day or two in Beijing getting adjusted and then we will go to Baoding City to meet Bo. We will stay in Baoding for about a week (celebrating my 32nd bday there on the 21st) and then Ryan will fly home and Bo and I will fly to Guanzhou to visit the US consulate and get all the necessary paperwork done to get his visa for our trip home. Once we get to Guanzhou we will be part of a large group of Great Wall families and there will probably be other American families at our hotel all there with their new family members so Bo and I will be very busy making friends. We expect to travel home on March 4th. It is going to be crazy, I now am on a mission to figure out how lightly I can pack since I won't have Ryan to be my mule on the return trip. Thank god I don't have to carry a diaper bag and an infant all by myself. I am starting to think we will buy a cheap umbrella stroller in case Bo doesn't want to walk in one of the airports on the connection in Hong Kong or Chicago. I definitely can't carry all of our stuff and all 40 lbs of him! Uggghhh, planning....

No comments:

Post a Comment