Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Visas!!!

Our passports came back today with the visa stamps in them. I've got to say it was a little stressful not having them for the past 3 weeks. Needless to say, another step in the right direction so I am excited.

Also, I have called about every non-religous preschool in the city and it looks like we are going to stick with Kindercare. I liked the place when I visited last week and there is even another Chinese speaking little boy there (parents are engineers who moved to the US 6 months ago). The assistant to the director babysits a little boy with diabetes who used to be a student there as well so they have experience with Type 1 kids. I had really wanted to go Montessori but they are all booked up and even if I could get him in for fall I don't want to move him if he can stay at Kindercare. So I guess I will start applying for a kindergarten for Fall 2010 as soon as we get home, LOL. Oh the fun of living where the public schools suck so bad that the state has to take them over by law! Ryan has a lot of work to do.

Shopping update: I found out there are indoor pools at the White Swan, where Bo and I will be staying in Guangzhou, so I went to Old Navy yesterday and got the cutest swim trunks and matching shirt. He is definitely going to be the best dressed kid!

Next task for this week: figure out how to open a bank account locally so I can get clean $100 bills for the trip. Why doesn't everyone take Visa?

No comments:

Post a Comment