Friday, February 20, 2009

Friday activities






















Today started off on the not so good side because Ryan is sick. We've both had sore throats the past few days, assuming the air quality has something to do with that. However, last night he got a fever and chills and it was no better this morning. He decided to stay in the room while Bo and I went witht the group on a little excursion. Today we went to the botanical gardens. I tried to get some more video clips but it was hard filiming and chasing after him all by myself. After lunch at the hotel I took him to the little park across the street to use the bubbles that our guide bought him at the gardens. There were a few other young children with their moms there so if that video loads you will see a bunch of little Chinese kids in split pants. They don't wear diapers here. The pants are just split down the back and everything hangs out. I assume that's how Bo was raised because I haven't seen a kid here yet who wasn't wearing them. Today he is just as energetic and food motivated so I assume whatever Ryan has isn't affecting him. Oh, and last night we ate at Pizza Hut and he devoured the pizza and a bowl of pasta with tomato sauce. We bought a Chinese/ English "Finding Nemo" yesterday and it plays on my computer so we watched that last night before bed. It's still cute even if I don't understand what they are saying. Off for now, got to finish up so I can put Nemo back on.

6 comments:

  1. we should have sent you all over there with a handful of beads. Seeing Bo with a bunch of mardi gras beads around his neck would be very timely right now! make sure you at least teach him how to catch some. Maybe "throw me something mister" might be his first words in moving to LA...? ha Nile

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alison,

    Bo is so cute. I can't wait to meet him. What a perfect family. I am so happy for ya'll.

    Danna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bo,
    Today I went to the hospital because I needed some pictures of my head. After, I got a sticker. Then I went home and played the Wii, and the Wii game was called "Bee Movie Game." I also went to the library.
    Your Cousin,
    Aidan

    Don't worry about the head CT - it was just for his chronic sinus problems, not an accident or anything. Happy Birthday! We hope Ryan is feeling better. - Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love these comments! Ryan does feel better but we haven't had breakfast yet so that will be the real test. Chinese phrase for the day: "wo eye nee" = "I love you"

    And Aidan, Bo is going to love the wii, we will have to find a game we can compete across the internet. His DS ran out of batteries and it won't charge off the adapter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alison,

    Happy Birthday, well it is still the 21st here in the States. Hope you had a good one.

    Tom and Becky

    ReplyDelete